Avengers: Secret Wars Production Begins at Pinewood Ahead of Hiatus
Movies

Avengers: Secret Wars Is Already in Prep at Pinewood — But the Crew Is on a Five-Week Hiatus

By August 19, 2026

A new UK industry report says Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Secret Wars is already in prep at Pinewood Studios, with the entire crew currently on hiatus until the end of September.

Marvel Studios is already moving pieces into place for Avengers: Secret Wars.

And apparently, it has also hit pause.

A new UK production report says the massive Avengers: Doomsday sequel is currently in prep at Pinewood Studios, but all crew are now on a five-week hiatus, with production expected to resume at the end of September.

There is one important distinction here, though:

That does not necessarily mean cameras have officially started rolling.

Avengers: Secret Wars Is Already in Prep at Pinewood

The update comes from FilmBase UK, an industry resource serving crew working across British film and television productions.

In its August production roundup, FilmBase places Secret Wars in its “Already in prep” category alongside projects that are further along in the production process.

Its update for the Marvel film is short:

“Five-week hiatus for all crew. Production will resume end of Sept.”

That is enough to tell us something substantial is happening behind the scenes.

But it is not the same thing as confirmation that principal photography began before the hiatus.

Several reports and social media posts have already characterized the update as Secret Wars beginning filming and then immediately stopping. The original source is more careful than that.

FilmBase says the movie is in prep.

For now, that’s the language we’re sticking with.

Avengers: Secret Wars is reportedly already in prep at Pinewood Studios, but the Marvel production has now entered a five-week crew hiatus.

Why Is Secret Wars Taking a Five-Week Hiatus?

We don’t know.

FilmBase does not give a reason for the break, and Marvel Studios has not publicly announced a production hiatus for the film.

That means anything beyond the existence of the reported five-week pause would be speculation.

And a production break, especially on a movie this enormous, does not automatically mean something has gone wrong.

Secret Wars is following one of the largest productions Marvel has ever mounted in Avengers: Doomsday. Directors Joe and Anthony Russo have also been working on both films within the same broader production cycle.

The Russos previously confirmed that Secret Wars had entered pre-production while work continued on Doomsday.

Now, the Pinewood machine appears to be getting considerably closer to the next Avengers movie.

Just with a five-week vacation in the middle of it.

Has Avengers: Secret Wars Started Filming?

That remains the big question.

FilmBase’s report provides evidence that the movie is actively in prep at Pinewood Studios and has a crew assigned to the production.

It does not, however, specify whether principal photography took place before that crew went on hiatus.

There have been separate rumors suggesting pieces of Secret Wars may have already been filmed during other Marvel production work, but Marvel has not confirmed those reports.

So, as of now:

Secret Wars is in active preparation.

A crew is attached.

That crew is reportedly on hiatus for five weeks.

Production is expected to resume at the end of September.

Whether Robert Downey Jr. has already put the Doom armor back on in front of an Avengers: Secret Wars camera?

Marvel isn’t telling us that yet.

Secret Wars Is Still More Than a Year Away

Marvel currently has Avengers: Secret Wars scheduled to hit theaters on December 17, 2027, almost exactly one year after Avengers: Doomsday arrives.

Joe and Anthony Russo are returning to direct, with Robert Downey Jr. officially listed among the cast after taking on the role of Doctor Doom.

Plot details remain locked somewhere inside whatever terrifying vault Marvel uses to hide Avengers scripts.

But Secret Wars is expected to serve as the culmination of the MCU’s Multiverse Saga, following directly from whatever catastrophe Doom unleashes in Doomsday.

And now we know Marvel’s next endgame is already taking shape at Pinewood.

Even if, for the next five weeks, apparently nobody is touching it.


SEO Title: Avengers: Secret Wars in Prep at Pinewood, Crew on Five-Week Hiatus

Slug: avengers-secret-wars-production-hiatus-pinewood

Meta Description: Avengers: Secret Wars is reportedly already in prep at Pinewood Studios, but the entire crew is now on a five-week hiatus until late September.

Excerpt: Avengers: Secret Wars is reportedly already in prep at Pinewood Studios, with the entire crew currently on a five-week hiatus before production resumes in late September.

Focus Keyphrase: Avengers Secret Wars production

Tags: Avengers: Secret Wars, Avengers, Marvel Studios, MCU, Russo Brothers, Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Robert Downey Jr., Doctor Doom, Pinewood Studios

Related Stories

Join the conversation

Be kind. Be curious. No fandom wars — we're all here because we love this stuff.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from The Nerd Wire

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading